Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I am not a robot. Or a Nazi, for that matter.

 
Dear Mr. Doherty, Mr. Weber and Ms. Brown,
I hope this letter finds you all well.

Just thought you should know that as a Hugo voter and SF fan I did not appreciate Irene Gallo's statements on her Facebook page, nor have I appreciated the ongoing abuse being served up by some other TOR employees online. Mr. Doherty's apology for Ms Gallo's comments was appreciated and I accept it in the spirit it was intended.
However there has been talk on the web in various places that objections emailed to TOR regarding Ms. Gallo et al are being written off by some among TOR upper management as a DDOS attack being put on by bots.
This is not the case.
I have a basement full of SF, many of those hundreds of books are published by TOR. If my custom is not wanted because TOR management feels I'm unworthy, or unclean, or robotic, I'm sure I can make arrangements to buy the works of other publishers. No doubt they will be happy to take my money.
Please excuse the pseudonym, I'm sure you understand I'm not wild about the idea of identifying myself to a company whose employees like to denounce people as Nazis.
Sincerely,
The Phantom
http://phantomsoapbox.blogspot.com/

No comments: