Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Speaking of art, the search for the next Leni Riefenstahl begins!

Sharpen up your resumes and portfolios kids, because the NEA is looking for a few good artists

Backed by the full weight of President Barack Obama's call to service and the institutional weight of the NEA, the conference call was billed as an opportunity for those in the art community to inspire service in four key categories, and at the top of the list were "health care" and "energy and environment." The service was to be attached to the President's United We Serve campaign, a nationwide federal initiative to make service a way of life for all Americans. 

It sounded, how should I phrase it…unusual, that the NEA would invite the art community to a meeting to discuss issues currently under vehement national debate. I decided to call in, and what I heard concerned me.

Every day I wonder if I'm paranoid enough about this guy, and every day the answer comes back: nope.

The Phantom

No comments: